Another Finished Project

As I mentioned the other day, I was half way thru a project.
Well, I have now finished it! I have just sent off my entry into the Feast Watson Re-Love Project, and can now share some pics. This piece is for my own living room.
Here is how it looked before:And here is what it looks like now -> the front. I used Rustoleum Chalk Paint x 3 coats for the colour. I am so into blues at the moment. I finished it with FW Natural Wax.
-> the top. I mixed a custom shade with a couple of Feast Watson Prooftint stains and am very happy with the colour. I used FW Wax on the top.I found the most gorgeous drawer/door pulls. They are genuine antique and I am a little bit (A LOT) in love with them! I would say they are my favourite thing about this piece except that I truly love all of it! I’m very happy with how it turned out.
Well, there you go! Very happy to have crossed another project off my “To-Do” list!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Advertisements

Quietly …

…. procrastinating.
That’s what I’ve been doing a lot of lately!

I have actually got a couple of projects happening right now, but the one I am sharing today, I just finished on Friday. A friend and I undercoated it last year, but silly me, I forgot to take a ‘before’ pic *sigh*
I struggled with too many colour choices and ideas … Which wasn’t a bad thing this time, because a friend recently gave me some leftover Dulux Concrete Effect paint which I used on the top! (If you would like some info on this paint, email me. I sell it and have used it a couple of times) I finally settled on a gorgeous turquoise for the rest.
It fits beautifully in our entryway and now Mr Manic is asking me to paint the little table we have there in a similar colour!! Which is quite a turn about for him – usually he prefers timber finishes 🙂How gorgeous is that Concrete Effect top?! So much texture, and I love the colour.For the carcass I made my own chalk paint using regular low sheen paint.
And I love the dainty crystal drawer pull I added.I finished this piece with a Matt varnish on the top and wax on the chalk paint.

I am now working on (and almost finished) a TV cabinet for my lounge room.
Sorry, no sneak peeks of it tho, I am entering it in a category of the
Feast Watson Re-Love Project!
I’m entering a special category for my workplace only. The projects themselves are under auction right now! You can check out this year’s pieces HERE!!!

I also want to share a new product with you. *This is NOT a paid post (but if you want me to review your products and pay me to write a post, by all means = contact me! 😉 As always, all opinions expressed on Manic Mumdays are mine and mine alone!)
As long time readers will know, for my day job I am a paint expert (Yes – I work at one of my all time favourite stores!!)
Anyhow, we had some training last week which included info on these “3M SandBlaster” sanding sheets pictured below. They are available in 100, 150, 220, and 320 grit. Since I am doing final and between coats sanding I tried the 320 grit.

My verdict : I absolutely LOVE them!
They are a bit more expensive than ‘regular’ sandpaper, but they also last a whooole lot longer than it too. Check out the pic below :
Pictured above is the same piece of sandpaper.
The left is the BEFORE!! It’s full of chalk paint after I sanded my latest piece … the right one is AFTER I rinsed it out under the tap!!
That’s right! You can rinse these off and use it again, and again, and again!
It’s bendable, fold-able, flexible and best yet – you get 4 pieces in the pack.
I am a convert.

I have been on a bit of a hiatus from sewing. But I am back into it this week, so might have something to show for myself next time 🙂Above are pics of my first two roses from my gorgeous new rose bushes 🙂
Hope you are all happy and well,